Today marks the beginning of Nutrition and Hydration Week so I thought what better time to pop a blog post up about the benefits of drinking Himalayan Salt water.
Sole, pronounced Solay, is Himalayan Salt placed in a glass container with a non rusting lid and topped up with water. I use a pyrex jar with a rubber seal. You place approx 1 cup full of salt in the bottom of the container. Pour the water on top and leave it for 24 hours.
You then use a non metallic teaspoon to place a spoonful in a glass and add water.
OK but why would I want to drink salt water?
- Sole supplies the body with the natural energy stored in the salt crystals which the body can hold for up to 24 hours.
- Scientific reports showed that it can help neutralizing the alkaline/acidity balance in the body and normalizing blood pressure.
- Can dissolve and eliminate impurities and built up toxins which lead to stones and various forms of rheumatism like arthritis and kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Can help lowering the craving for addictive desires.
- Can help with skin problems by cleaning from inside out.
- The overall availability of electrolytes is build up and thus the conductivity in the body is increased, which in turn stimulates circulation and the nervous system.
I did an experiment on myself as I suffered from leg cramps at night. After I had been taking the salt water for a few weeks I noticed I wasn’t having the cramps anymore. I stopped taking the salt water and they came back. I went back on it and they went again. I realised that I wasn’t actually getting enough salt in my diet. When we are told to reduce salt intake it is generally table salt, which is full of rubbish. Our bodies do need salt.
Let me know if you have tried salt water and how you have found it for you in the comments below.