It’s that time of year again. Valentines Day. The shops are full of love, heart shaped chocs and items, cards for your loved one, your husband, your wife. It is a day all about love. If you don’t have another person you can celebrate it with, then why not celebrate yourself. The old adage, you can’t love another until you truly love yourself, is true. So rather than reaching for the bottle of wine and singing Bridget Jones Style into it, let’s see what you can do instead to show yourself love this Valentines Day.
- Wish yourself a Happy Valentines Day
- Buy yourself a card
- Buy yourself chocolates
- Treat yourself to a fabulous homemade meal
- Have a bath, but not just any bath, add oils, petals, crystals, make it a goddess bath
- Do yoga
- Find a special crystal, hold it and carry it with you for the day. I would recommend Rose Quartz, for encouraging self love.
- Do what you want to do and what you feel you want to do
- Honour yourself and tell yourself in the mirror “I Love Me”
If you aren’t used to showing yourself love, there isn’t any better day to start than Valentines Day. How do you show yourself love?